- 2 Mind Blown Crab Cakes (1 box)
- 4 Tbsp plant based butter
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 celery rib diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups plant based milk
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Let the Mind Blown Crab Cakes thaw in the fridge overnight. The next day, mash with a fork to make crab 'meat.'
2. In a bowl, crumble the crab cake with a fork to make crab 'meat'; set aside.
3. Bring a large pot over medium high heat, then add the plant based butter, chopped yellow onion, diced celery, and 1 minced garlic clove. Stir until the onion becomes translucent.
4. Now add flour, Old Bay Seasoning, teaspoon ground nutmeg, and, teaspoon black pepper. Stir for about 1 minute.
5.Then bring the heat to high and pour in dry sherry (optional). Quickly stir and let the wine cook out for about 2 minutes.
6. Now add plant based milk, cups coconut cream, Veggie broth, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Bay leaf, and salt and pepper to taste. Let the soup come to a simmer and keep the soup simmering for about 15 minutes.
7. Remove the bay leaf and add in crumbles Mind Blown Crab Cake 'meat'. Return the soup to a simmer for an addition 4 minutes and serve!