Plain Plant-Based ‘Shrimp’ Jambalaya
- 1 pound Mind Blown Plain Plant-Based 'Shrimp'
- 12 oz sausage of choice (we used Plant-Based Beyond Meat sausage)
- 1 Cup green bell peppers, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup celery
- 1 tsp. thyme, dried
- 1 tsp. basil, dried
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbl. coconut aminos
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- fresh parsley for garnish
In a skillet cook the Mind Blown Plain Plant-Based 'Shrimp' from frozen about 1 minute each side; set aside. Do the same with the plant-based sauasage.
In a large pot, heat coconut oil and cook the onions for a few minutes until translucent. Then the add the bell peppers and garlic and continue to cook. Add your celery, spices and herbs and cook for another few minutes.
Add remaining ingredients: tomato paste, canned tomatoes, broth and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and add in your cooked plant-based shrimp and sausage and cook for another 10 mins.
Top with parsley and serve!