- 2 cups milk of choice or dairy-free cheese
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal grits
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, or dairy-free cheese
'Shrimp' and toppings:
- 1 pound Mind Blown Dusted Shrimp
- 1 ear of corn, charred
- 1/4 green onion and parsley for garnish
For the Grits:
In a large pot over medium heat, add the milk, water and salt. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in the grits and continue whisking until they begin to thicken. Continue to cook the grits for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in the butter and cheese. Cover and set aside.
For the 'Shrimp'
In a large skillet, heat coconut oil and cook the Mind Blown Dusted Shrimp about 1 minute each side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
Spoon about 1 cup grits onto a bowl and top with 4 to 5 shrimp. Sprinkle corn, red pepper flake, green onion and parsley. Serve immediately